Scholarships are available to SNA members who are enrolled or will be enrolled in a degree program at a vocational/technical, undergraduate, graduate or post graduate level in the United States. The program of study should fall into one or more of the SNA Keys to Excellence subject areas: Operations; Nutrition, Administration; or Marketing and Communications.
This application form will automatically act as an application for each of the following scholarships:
*Super Bakery MVP Award will honor two recipients with a $5,000 professional development scholarship each.
*SNA Professional Development: The SNA Professional Development Scholarship is funded by the School Nutrition Association. Scholarships of up to $2,500 each are awarded.
*Schwan’s Food Service Scholarship: Schwan’s Food Service, Inc., makes an annual donation which provides funds to the SNF’s scholarship program. This scholarship enables SNF to “foster good nutrition in school lunch programs and to improve school foodservice management”. Scholarships of up to $2,500 each are awarded.
*The Superhero Scholarship is funded by Bart Christian and will offer multiple scholarships to SNA members each year.
*Nancy Curry: Funded by Handgards, Inc., and friends of Nancy, this scholarship is for SNA members employed in school foodservice. One scholarship of $500 is awarded each year.
- The applicant must be an active member for a minimum of one year as of January 1, 2023 with the School Nutrition Association (SNA) and have a history of employment in school foodservice. If you need to confirm SNA membership, please call 1-800-877-8822.
-Scholars who have received previous awards are eligible to reapply as long as the scholarship has not been awarded for four consecutive years.
- The applicant must demonstrate an interest in obtaining a degree in a foodservice-related field and a desire to make school foodservice a career.
- The applicant must be registered in a degree program as an undergraduate or graduate student, or be accepted, at a vocational/technical institution, community college, college or university in the United States that offers a degree program that falls under one or more areas of the SNA Keys to Excellence.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided with the application. If the applicant has been accepted to multiple institutions, send the letter from the institution that the applicant is most likely to attend.
- Applicant should have a satisfactory academic record and must submit a current transcript from the most recently attended academic institution indicating a cumulative grade point average. If a transcript is not available because the course has not yet begun or is still in session at application deadline, submit a letter of explanation.
- All portions of the application must be completed and submitted – see the Application Checklist for further information. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all portions of the application are received/submitted by the deadline.
- Essays MUST fall within the required number of word range. Essays not in the word range will NOT be considered.
- Application deadline is March 29, 2024 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
- Scholarships will only cover tuition, fees, and books.
- Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by members of the School Nutrition Foundation Scholarship committee.
- Scholarship checks are distributed through the School Nutrition Foundation Funds and mailed directly to either the scholar or the scholar’s institution of higher learning.